ARC Onsite + Online Workshops [drop-in only]
Supplemental instruction from academic departments to help ALL students improve their skills and knowledge.
ARC Language Labs (formerly MFA Labs) [by appointment or drop-in, onsite only]
- For graduate students who need help with the verbal, written, and other language aspects of their classes, including Midpoint Review and Final Thesis Project – available to both domestic and international students.
- ARC Workshops and Tutoring schedule link: Here
- Open Visual ARC Schedule PDF: LAN Fall 2017 Workshop Calendar
LAN: Landscape Architecture
TUE 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
THU 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Cannery, Room 302B
There are no ARC Workshops or Language Labs scheduled on Thursday, November 23 through Sunday, November 26, 2017 because of Thanksgiving Holiday.
Onsite Workshops Available:
- Site Planning and Natural Factors Workshop, hosted by Jeff McLane and Todd Gilens, will take place at The Cannery in Room 302H, on Tuesday 12pm – 2pm for the following dates: 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/24, 11/7, 11/21, 12/5. It is suggested to attend these workshops if you need any assistance or want extra feedback in the following courses: LAN 115, 135, 180, 235, 260, 617, 619, & 801.
- Digital Graphics Workshop, hosted by David Vasquez, will take place at The Cannery in Room 300P on Wednesday 3:40pm – 5:40pm for the following dates: 09/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/25, 11/8, 11/22, 12/6. It is suggested to attend these workshops if you need any assistance or want extra feedback in the following courses: LAN 223, 665, 679, 801.
- Landscape Studio and Graphics Workshop, hosted by Jeff McLane, will take place at The Cannery in room 300H on Thursday 8:20am – 10:20am for the following dates: 09/28, 10/5, 10/12, 10/26, 11/9, 12/7. It is suggested to attend these workshops if you need any assistance or want extra feedback in the following courses: LAN 180, 193, 250, 297, 300, 360, 400, 605, 610, 620, 660, 680, 690, 801.
Online Workshops Available:
- The Landscape Studio Graphics Workshop, hosted by our Online Director, Heather Clendenin, will take place online every Wednesday from 3:30 – 5:30pm PST starting September 27. If you need any assistance or want extra feedback in the following courses: LAN 177, 180, 193, 240, 250, 277, 297, 360, 375, 400, 605, 610, 620, 660, 680, 690, 801 or ARH 110, just follow the sign-in instructions below.
NOTE: This workshop will be held via Adobe Connect. In order to tune in:
- Log into the LMS
- Click on the “Workshop” tab
- Access the Workshop’s Connect room via the “Live Meeting Room” tab
- Follow the dial-in instructions!
Additional Online Resources Available:
* The AAU Library has software & content tutorials available. Visit library.academyart.edu for more info.
– Digital Tutors: Access over 12,000 video tutorials on 30+ software applications
– Ebook Central: Access over 9,000 ebooks in 18 subject areas of the humanities
– LUNA: Over 331,000 images available to search & download that directly support AAU curriculum
– Oxford Art Online: Encyclopedia of world art & art history
– Material ConneXion: Custom library of material samples
Students and Instructors will access the ARC Online Workshop (both the discussion thread and the LIVE meeting component) through the LMS. Students are automatically enrolled in an online workshop that corresponds with their current class listings. If a student wishes to attend an ARC Online Workshop for assistance not appearing in their LMS, they may email to request access.