It is widely known that college serves as a beacon of opportunity. Yet, with so much access to a list of resources, a few can sometimes slip through the cracks and end up forgotten.
At Academy of Art University, we are devoted to making sure students have a wide range of academic resources supporting their paths to success at the Academy and in their future careers.
Whether at the start, middle or end of the semester, here are a few resources you should keep in mind and take advantage of to help keep you on track throughout your academic career:
1. Writing and Speaking Labs: Get one-on-one writing assistance on-site at 79 New Montgomery, 3rd floor or online feedback. In addition, visit the Speaking Lab at 79 New Montgomery, Room 316 to develop your speaking skills in conversations, art critiques, presentations, and pronunciation.
2. Academic Coaching: Get on-site and online help from the Academy’s Academic Resource Center. This academic coaching resource shares tips on dealing with time management, project planning, improving grades, communicating with instructors, study skills, community referrals, health insurance information, and finding tutoring labs and workshops.
3. Career Development: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback and check out Academy of Art University’s Career Services for development workshops and information.
4. Classroom Services (Accessibility): Provides reasonable accommodations and support services to online and onsite students with disabilities and learning differences. Contact info: 415-618-3775, email@example.com, 79 New Montgomery, Rm. 356.
5. Digital Tutors: Access video tutorials for over 30 software applications for free.
By utilizing career, tutoring and classroom resources, you can have more confidence in your future. Your success is our success, and we want to remind you that we’ll be here every step of the way!