There’s definitely something refreshing about the start of something new.
For us here at Academy of Art University, one of our favorite “new” things to do is welcome new students to our campus.
We know we say it a lot, but we truly are glad you’ve decided to pursue your art education at the Academy.
Whether you’re coming to San Francisco from other Bay Area cities, out-of-state, or overseas—or if you’re one of our amazing online students—we want to make sure your transition into Spring semester is as smooth as possible.
So we’re here to help provide some information that’ll help you prepare for Welcome Week, a week of activities and events that runs Sunday, January 28, through Sunday, February 4, 2018.
“The Week Before” Checklist:
- Complete your Checklist for a Successful First Semester. It’ll help you get organized for the weeks ahead
- Read up on your department directors. It’ll give you a good intro to your department
- You’ll need a student ID card to access Academy facilities. Why not get ahead of the line? If you’re in the area, stop by 79 New Montgomery Street between Tuesday, January 23 and Thursday, February 15 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
- Download the ArtU app. It’s available for both Apple IOS or Android platforms
- For all the fun activities and events we have planned, check out the Welcome Week Schedule (coming soon to the Academy website)
Get to Know Your Campus
- San Francisco is a big city, and we have facilities located all over it! To make it easier for you to navigate through your new home, here’s our campus map
- Familiarize yourself with the Academy’s campus safety resources and sign up for Campus Safety Text Alerts. Subscribing is easy. Just text EZARTU to 313131. To opt out, text STOP EZARTU to 313131. *Message and data rates may apply
- Learn the Campus Shuttle Map and Schedule. It’ll make getting from building to building a breeze. Get it on the ArtU App, login online, or see the Courtesy Campus Shuttle kiosk in each academic building
- Get involved in campus life. It’s the easiest way to make friends, and learn about events, clubs, and organizations taking place daily
- Make a stop the Academy of Art University Library. The library offers contemporary print, graphic, and electronic resources. Stop in and meet the friendly librarians who are there to help you find what you need
- Support the Academy’s sports teams! Art U Athletics “Fan Buses” are available to help you get to the big game to cheer your classmates on in-person! GO KNIGHTS!
- Explore your new San Francisco home: 100 Things to do in San Francisco
Tap into Your Academic Resources
- Introduce yourself to the Academy Resource Center (ARC). Sign up for free tutoring, academic coaching, writing assistance, English as a Second Language support, and a wealth of other services to help you succeed
- Undergraduate Student Services Resources
- Graduate Student Academic Resources
- Guest speaker videos
- Academy department blogs