What: 62nd Annual International San Francisco Auto Show
When: November 28-December 2, 2019
Where: Moscone Convention Center
The School of Industrial Design and the Automobile Museum are proud to represent Academy of Art University at the upcoming 62nd Annual International San Francisco Auto Show.
The event, to be held at the Moscone Convention Center, runs throughout this Thanksgiving weekend, from November 28 to December 2, 2019. If you’re a car enthusiast, a car design or restoration student, or even just someone looking for something interesting to catch on this long weekend, this should be an event worth checking out.
For one, there’s going to be an impressive selection of classic cars from the Automobile Museum up on display at the Auto Show. Apart from that, the first generation Miata and current generation Miata will also be there to celebrate its 30th year from launch.
Commemorative posters and keychains will also be given away, so make sure to drop by and claim your little slice of this important moment in automobile design history.
Current students will also be present at that Academy’s booth to do both live and VR sketching of car designs to showcase modern-day car designing methods.
Town and Country in the City
This year’s theme for the SF International Auto Show is “Town and Country.” Check out the list of some of the selected Academy of Art collection cars below to be on display at the event:
- 1930 Duesenberg J Convertible Sedan
- 1930 Packard Model 740 Sport Phaeton
- 1931 Cadillac Series 355 Roadster
- 1930 Willys-Knight Great Six Plaid Side Roadster
- 1931 Cord L29 Cabriolet
- 1933 Chrysler Imperial Dual Cowl Phaeton
- 1933 Packard Model 1006 Dietrich Coupe
- 1934 Lincoln KA Convertible
- 1935 Mercedes-Benz 500K Cabriolet A
- 1935 Teardrop Travel Trailer
- 1937 Delage D8 120 Cabriolet
- 1937 Ford Deluxe Station Wagon
- 1937 Lagonda LG45 Sport Tourer
- 1938 Talbot-Lago T150-C Special Coupe
- 1940 Buick Series 80 Limited Convertible Sedan
- 1942 Chrysler Town & Country Barrell back
- 1948 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible
- 1961 Lincoln Continental Sedan
- 1962 Holiday Rambler 15’ Travel Trailer
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Coupe
- 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado
- 1966 Porsche 911
- 1973 Riva 21’ Olympic Speed Boat
“We are proud to be able to exhibit vehicles that represent the elegance, style, craftsmanship, technology and innovative spirit of automotive designers of the past and the future,” said show director Kevin Diamond. “We appreciate the long term support of our show provided by Elisa Stephens, President of the university.”
Banner image courtesy of the SF Auto Show