We all wish our problems could go away with the snap of a finger.
Unfortunately for Thanos, the biggest and baddest of them all, snapping isn’t enough to deter our favorite Avengers.
(This post is spoiler-safe, by the way!)
The Beginning of the End
On Friday, April 26th, the long-awaited follow-up to Avengers: Infinity War crashes into theaters to heal and break hearts.
In Avengers: Endgame, Marvel’s remaining superheroes team up once more to fight Thanos, their most challenging foe yet.
“Whatever it takes,” they pledge—to defeat Thanos, to reverse the snap, to reclaim a future that was lost.
Easier said than done, obviously. But since when did that stop the Avengers?
Still, they wouldn’t stand a chance without artists in the animation industry to bring them to the big screen.
It Takes More Than a Snap to Create a Universe
Of course, Avengers: Endgame isn’t the first Marvel movie that our alumni in the animation industry have helped to create.
From Black Panther to Captain Marvel, these animation degree graduates have contributed to the fabric of the Marvel world in countless ways. And there are really only few worlds as detailed and fleshed out as this one.
So let’s have a round of applause for our amazing alumni on Avengers: Endgame:
- Jan Philip Cramer – Animation Director, BFA Character Animation
- Ioanna Mailli – FX Technical Director, MFA Animation & Visual Effects
- Scott Brisbane – Lead Matte Painter, MFA Fine Art
- Megan Dolman – Digital Artist, BFA Animation & Visual Effects
- Vernessa Cook – Motion Editor, BFA 3D Animation
- Matt Smith – Compositing Department Supervisor, BFA Visual Effects
- Anuj Anand – Compositor, BFA Computer Arts
- Heriyanto Tio – Animator, MFA Animation & Visual Effects
Once again, congratulations to all!
Header image also courtesy of IMDb