We’re powering through May as we speak, and between all the online events and webinars and blog updates we have for you, trust that we won’t be slowing down anytime soon.
By now, you should already be at least convinced that we absolutely when we said there will be no rest for the weekend.
The main thing to look forward to this month is the annual Spring Show, which, for the first time ever, is going to be happening exclusively online! So to whet your appetites, we’ve launched a retrospective on some of the best works that came out of the Spring Show 2019 event. Here’s the good stuff from Entertainment Arts last year.
We’re nearing the end of our Female Leaders in Art & Design series, but last is definitely not least in this case. Last week, we had School of Jewelry & Metal Arts Advisory Board and faculty member Elizabeth Shypertt sharing with us this time how it’s like to work in a female-dominated industry. We’ve got one more coming up, so definitely stay tuned for that.
Meanwhile, our very own podcast, Creative Mind, keeps dishing out great episodes. Last week featured Doug Campbell, Hollywood filmmaker, giving cool industry tips for those who’d like to be cinema’s next big thing behind the scene.
Pick Your Art and Design Fix
Architecture as Art – Buildings should be functional, that’s a given. It would be great too, however, if it’s created as an art form as well. We’ve got some inspiring examples for you.
Virtual Tours and Exhibits to Visit Online – Hunkering down has been difficult for many people. Here, we direct you to some virtual tours and exhibits you can check out so you don’t miss out on your art and design fix. We know, it’s still nothing quite like being there in person, but it’s great on its own anyway.
Must-See Classic Plays for Theatre Gateways – Acting students, theatre fans, and those who would just like to get into the world of plays but don’t know where to start: here’s a list of must-see classic plays. They should serve as a great starter kit, so to speak, so enjoy!
Up This Week
We know you’ve been enjoying our virtual event offerings thus far, so we’ve lined up more—plenty more—for you.
May 12, Tuesday:
- COM Tuesday Tunes – Organized by Urban Knights Radio (and work study Vanessa Salas). IG Live.
- 7pm PDT – Photography and Lighting Workshop – 90-minute interactive online workshop with John Vano via ZOOM.
May 13, Wednesday:
- 3:00PM-5:00PM PDT – Journalism Workshop with Diane Dorrans Saeks. Zoom Meeting ID: 501 873 5718. RSVP: .
May 14, Thursday:
- 3-4 PM PDT – Online Education Webinar
- Recurring: 3pm FASCU: Movie Afternoons Live on YouTube (Open to General Public + Students)
- Recurring: 7:30 pm Visual Development is hosting a Movie Appreciation Night on Discord. (Open to General Public + Students)
May 15, Friday:
- 12pm – Social Distance Learning with Craig Nelson on FB Live – (Open to General Public + Students
- 1 to 4 pm – Illustration Location Sketching workshop on Zoom. (Open to General Public + Students)
May 13th, 14th and 15th:
- Live one person shows, written and performed by students, will be streamed on Zoom.
Academy of Art University’s online education is on full throttle to deliver quality distance learning throughout summer and fall semesters. Request information from our admissions representatives about our on-site and online programs. Apply now if you’re ready to continue and move forward towards your dream career in art and design.